If you are a Salesforce user, you can export all data (contacts, accounts, notes, etc) or only specific types (i.e. only contacts, only accounts, only notes etc).
To export your contacts, tasks, appointments, and notes from Salesforce follow the steps below:
1. Login to Salesforce.
2. Click Setup.
3. Expand Data Management and click Data Export (on the left).
4. Click Export Now or Schedule Export. The Export Now option prepares your files for export immediately. This option is only available if a week has passed since your last export. The Schedule Export option allows you to schedule the export process for weekly or monthly intervals.
5. The export File Encoding drop-down by defalut is set to General US & Western European.
6. Select what data you would like to export by checking the appropriate boxes, and click Start Export or Save.
7. Salesforce will queue up the now send you an email. Click on the link provided in the email to download your files.
8. Click download within the Action column on the export page.
9. Save the file to your desktop and unzip it.
You'll see a CSV spreadsheet for each type of data you chose to export.